List of Rank Holders
  • PRABHAT AGARWAL
    Rank : 1
  • SIDDHARTH TEKRIWAL
    Rank : 2
  • OISHIK CHATTERJEE
    Rank : 3
PHOTON INSTITUTE

With an aim to steer the students in Kolkata towards engineering and medical courses, Photon was conceived in the year 2001 by Mr. Dhruba Chakraborty. With over 13 years of experience in training the students for entrance exams, Photon continues to have the same motto: to inculcate in students, a love and a zest for science, and an unwavering determination to crack the entrance exams and get the highly desired seat in the top rung institutes of India.

 

High impact classes and quality education has been the cornerstones of Photon and the faculty at Photon ensures that students return home after each lecture with a joy and mirth of having learned something new and completely geared towards entrance exam.

 

In this journey of 13 years, Photon has achieved unprecedented success in terms of number of successful students and continues to remain the most preferred destination for a student preparing for the entrance examination.

 

Mr. Dhruba Chakraborty, the head of the institute, is the mentor for Chemistry at Photon. His teaching style is undoubtedly unique and absolutely loved by students. Dhruba Sir's teaching techniques make him the most renowned teacher of Kolkata. Under his guidance, the team at Photon is always involved in delivering its best to the students.

 

Mr. Varun Goenka, is the mentor for Physics at Photon. Physics is the most conceptual subject in entire Science. It requires a crystal clear understanding and vivid positioning in the students mind and Varun Sir has mastered this art.

 

Mr. Amit Bachhawat, is the mentor for Mathematics at Photon. Mathematics requires a huge question bank and a lot of patience on the teacher's part to clarify the doubts of the students and Amit Sir has got both these qualities.

 

Mr. Arindam Roy heads the administration at Photon and Mr. Meghnath Ghosh is in charge of the operations and other back-end work at Photon. All our classes are video recorded so that anyone missing the class or wishing to revise the same can book a DVD session by calling up either of them.

 

As per the directions of MHRD, the admission to engineering colleges for undergraduate programme will be through JEE MAINS and ADVANCED and to medical colleges through NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).

 

Admission to NITs, and IIITs, will be based on 40% weightage for performance in Class XII board or other qualifying examination marks (normalized) and the remainder 60% weigtage would be given to performance in JEE (Main) and a combined All India Rank (AIR) would be decided accordingly.  The policy could also be adopted by other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) and participating Institutions.

 

Only the top 150000 candidates (including all categories) based on performance in JEE (Main) will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination.  Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Advanced), subject to condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile categories of their respective class XII Board or other qualifying examination.  The percentile will vary from year to year and across the Boards.

 

With these new reforms in this area, our team at Photon has modified our curriculum accordingly. With the weightage on board exams, we will be stressing on board level questions as well.  We will be providing assignment sheets for the same.

 

And so far as the entrance exams are concerned Photon, has been a legacy in Kolkata over the past 13 years.  Students feel proud to be a part of this institution.  And we, from our side, ensure cent percent dedication in imparting knowledge to our students in a manner so that they are able to think originally and develop the problem solving skills required to nail the entrance exams.